The newly approved Philippine Development Plan (PDP) 2017-2022 is now available for download at http://iro.ph/article_doc/fc55bc53_PDP-2017-2022-Prepublication-2.pdf.
The first medium-term plan to be anchored on a national long-term vision, or AmBisyon Natin 2040, the PDP 2017-2022 represents the collective vision and aspirations of Filipinos for themselves and for the country.
The PDP also takes off from the 0-10 point Socioeconomic Agenda of the Duterte Administration and is informed by inputs from the cross-section of stakeholders and the general public.
Key medium-term targets in the PDP are:
• Accelerate GDP growth to 7 to 8 percent
• Increase infrastructure spending to 7.4 percent by 2022
• Ensure fiscal sustainability; deficit-to-GDP target of 3 percent from 2017-2022
• Reduce unemployment rate to 3 to 5 percent
• Achieve upper-middle income status